Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Luxemburgerli

Sometimes asking questions can be a good thing.. :) 

When i brought my lychee and rose macarons to work one day, one of my colleagues who was worked in Switzerland said to me that it looked like a bigger version of something he used to have in Switzerland called luxemburgerlis. I was baffled. I have never heard of luxemburgerlis ever! Googling it up i realised he was right! It looks so similar to macarons but they are tiny! I was quite curious and asked him how it tasted, what sort of fillings were usually used etc. Turns out, luxemburgerlis are only made in Switzerland and are produced by Sprungli (http://collection.spruengli.ch/luxemburgerli.php?lang=en&cat=). Sigh..

Turns out though, my colleague actually asked his friend that was visiting from Switzerland to get a box so he could bring it to work.... :) 

Here it is, all the way from Switzerland...!


Looks so cute, almost too good to eat!!


i said ALMOST! i was the only one admiring them and taking photos...the rest of my colleagues were chomping away..it was goooood....


And because i was the one who asked for it, i could take the balance home...YAY! :) 
yummm...

Look how it compares to a macaron in terms of size..


how cute...! So whenever you are in Switzerland, you know what to go try!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could be beamed into Switzerland. Those are absolute beauties. Thank you for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deeba, no worries! Looks like you need to plan a trip now.. :)

    ReplyDelete